- Ph.D., Department of Physics,
- Senior Research Associate, NAO
- Senior Research Associate, Subaru Telescope
- Visiting Astronomer,
- Institute for Astronomy, Univ of Hawaii
- Associate Prof., IoA,
University of Tokyo
- Research Interests
- Star formation in "primodial" environment
- Formation of our Galaxy / high-z galaxies
- High-z QSO Absorption System
- Astronomy with Adaptive Optics
- Infrared Astronomy
IRCS Principal Investigator (2000-2002)
IRCS (Semi Official)
Maihara, Kyoto University
Nagata, Nagoya University
- Miwa Goto,
IfA, University of Hawaii
- Alan Tokunaga,
IfA, Univ of Hawaii
- Hiroshi Terada,
- Masao Saito,
|My research interest is in galaxy formation and
star formation in "primodial" environment.
at Mauna kea observatory, I am studying high-z QSO absorption systems
to learn about the chemical evolution of the intergalactic medium at high-redshift.
This will in turn provides valuable information on the galaxy
Also, I am studying
star formation in far outer Galaxy region and HI
dominated dwarf galaxies to learn the detail of the star formation
process in such a "primodial" environment.
Also, I know a little bit about near-infrared instrumentation...